Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Lion King and Me.

So yesterday Jesse and I took his little sister to the movies for her birthday to see The Lion King in 3D, it was of course fantastic. Most people have seen the movie more then once right but yesterday I really clicked into the themes and messages that the movie holds, one being:


That stuff happens that pretty much changes your life, leaves you with scars and makes you wanna run away and not face the problem, sweep it under the rug, out of sight out of  mind. But eventually one way or another the past catches up to you and you have to face it, man up and move forward. Woah, deep dude. 


Simba's character pretty much relates to anyone, when he was a younger cub he was cute and mischievous as kids are. You get attached to his innocence. Then he gets older and deals with stuff that isn't sugar coated any more. 


Timon and Pumbaa are hilarious, well, I think they are. I could only hear myself and this little kid behind me laughing the most. Do not judge me. 


Does anybody get how good the music is in the movie? That is prime A meat right there. 


I really can't wait to show my kids this movie, I kinda wanna show them when they are old enough to appreciate it. Im sure Dora and Hi 5 can accommodate in the mean time. 


Jesse got the DVD for me which I was very happy about because this movie only comes out every 10 years or something? Pretty sure we will have kids within 10 years, so Im glad I have a copy to share :) and I won a toy Simba in one of those arcade games, yus. 

“Oh yes, the past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it. "

- Rafiki








1 comment:

  1. Agree with everything in this post! One thing I'd like the add... the sheer beauty of the film... almost makes me wanna go on an African safari (and you know this means a lot coming from a couch potato/homebody)! :D

    ReplyDelete