Sunday, May 13, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow..

Recently I have been reminded that our time here on this earth is short. Regardless of what happens, good or bad, one thing we will always have is memories. No matter where I am something that always starts a memory is a song; music is a form of a memory. From the Spice Girls to Avril, music is timeless.
So here are a few songs that automatically trigger old memoires, what are your songs?



5 years old + Classic by Judy Garland and one of my favourite childhood movies The Wizard of Oz



I was 6 when this movie came out, hands down my favourite Disney movie.



Stop by The Spice Girls

7-10 years old




S Club Party by S Club 7



One Step Closer by Linkin Park. Entering my Intermediate rebel rock stage.



Gets me everytime. DJ Sammy, Heaven Tribute.



Overnight Celebrity by Twister. College days, here we go.


Amazed by Lonestar. Falling in love


My Happy Ending by Avril Lavigne. 18 years old!


Don't Stop The Music by Rihanna, Clubbing, yes yes.


Meeting and learning about the man that promised to love me for eternity. Hosanna by Hillsong


Here In Your Arms by Hellogoodbye. Met my future husband



Present time, an old song but an anthem for my sister and I.



 


1 comment:

  1. 'Here In Your Arms' reminds me of the old Sunnymobile, every single time I hear it I remember listening to this song on my iPod, in your car, with you. :D

    And now Queen reminds me of singing that song on the phone with you. I like how we sang the same song at the same time, but in different keys and at different tempos. Good times.

    ReplyDelete